Train Season Tickets
If you're making the same train journey 3 days a week or more, a Season Ticket could offer better value than a daily ticket. Season Tickets allow unlimited travel between the two train stations shown on the ticket for the full duration of their validity.
You can also break your journey at any train station between your origin and destination station. Season Tickets are valid for one week or for any period from a month to a year.
Please note that tickets and Travelcards purchased online from Carpenders Park, Bushey, Watford High Street, Watford Junction, Watford North, Garston, Bricket Wood, How Wood and Park Street to London are not valid for travel via St Albans.
Season Ticket Types
Annual Season Ticket
Effectively this ticket gives you 52 weeks travel for the price of 40 between the two stations you choose.
Depending on your travel requirements, Travelcard Season Tickets are also available that provide unlimited travel on London Underground, Docklands Light Railway and National Rail services within the validity of the ticket and in the zones for which it is issued. Key benefits include:
- The ability to determine the start and finish dates of your ticket between one month and one year. Please just ask at the booking office.
- Buy your Season Ticket online and automatically get two complimentary off-peak tickets for First Capital Connect train services. If you buy your Season Ticket at a ticket office, you'll need to apply for your tickets. Please note, the complimentary tickets will arrive after your season ticket and may take longer due to a processing backlog.
- You are also entitled to a 34% discount on leisure tickets across the Network Railcard area for you and up to 3 adults plus 4 children on an 81% discount.
- You will also receive details on a variety of offers and discounts for your family and friends to enjoy.
- A saving of 23% compared to buying 7 Day Season Tickets for the same period.
Monthly Season Ticket
Priced at less than four times the value of Weekly Season Tickets, these train tickets are valid for a full calendar month from the date of commencement. Key benefits include:
- Money and time saved on purchasing weekly train tickets.
- Free travel between your designated stations on the weekend - you can even jump off at any station on your chosen route!
Weekly Season Ticket
These normally cost less than five Anytime Day Returns and are valid for the 7 days between the stations shown on the ticket.
The First Capital Connect Student Connect card offers discounted rail travel to all students aged between 16 and 18 years old in full time education.