Great Northern route: Evening buses on the Cambridge and King's Lynn routes
02 Jul 2012 to 05 Jul 2012
After approximately 23.30 on Monday to Thursday evenings, buses will replace trains between Hitchin, Cambridge and Ely. Certain trains will start from/terminate at Stevenage and customers should use alternative services to travel between Stevenage and Hitchin to connect with bus services. The last train to depart London King’s Cross for Cambridge route stations will be:
- 22.06 to all stations between Hitchin and Cambridge
- 22.15 to Letchworth Garden City, Royston, Cambridge then all stations to King's Lynn
- 22.36 to Letchworth Garden City
After this time only buses will serve these stations. Where buses replace trains journey times will be extended by up to 90 minutes. The 22.28 departure from King's Lynn will terminate at Cambridge for a replacement bus service to Hitchin and connecting train service to Kings Cross.
23.15 King’s Cross to Ely service is cancelled. Customers are advised to catch the 22.53 or 23.23 to Hitchin for a bus connection to stations to Ely.
Other services may be subject to minor retiming.
Greater Anglia services will also be affected by this work.
Planned engineering work.
Is available from the following sources:
- Sign up to receive a weekly engineering update at firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/traveltools
- Visit nationalrail.co.uk for a journey planner, or to create a timetable tailored to your journey
- Call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50 (24 hrs, calls may be recorded)
- Call TrainTracker on 0871 200 49 50, this voice activated service will give you details of any National Rail journey (Calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline, calls from other operators and mobiles may be higher)
- Text your journey to TrainTracker Text on 84950 up to 21 hrs in advance (messages costs standard text rate plus 25p, visit nationalrail.co.uk for details)
- Details of London bus and Tube services will be available at journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk or by calling 0843 222 1234