First Capital Connect recognises the many benefits of making our stations and train services cycle-friendly.
Our cycle strategy is designed to encourage people to use cycles on our network by providing improved access, parking and security at stations, as well as a clear fair and sensible policy for carrying cycles on trains.
We have also worked hard to make the option of leaving bikes secured at stations attractive so that cycling becomes a real option for our customers.
To find out more view the cycle restrictions map.
Investing in cycling
We have invested almost a quarter of a million pounds in cycle facilities at stations, including adding over 700 cycle parking spaces and renewing parking areas at 33 stations.
We have also:
- Launched an Abandoned Cycles policy
- Separated cycle and motorcycle parking where possible
- Produced cycle route maps at 11 most heavily used stations by cyclists
- Produced new cycle parking signage
- Produced security signage: ‘How to protect your bike’
- Won the top award at the National Cycle Rail Awards 2008!