First Capital Connect will be operating a special timetable over the festive period. A summary of changes for both routes can be viewed below.
Adding some sparkle to your celebrations
We're making your New Year's Eve even better by giving you free travel home.
The free travel offer is valid if you are starting your journey between 11.45pm and 4.30am and will be valid on both the Thameslink and Great Northern routes.
Everyone at First Capital Connect wishes you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Summary Great Northern changes
- A normal morning peak will operate on Monday 24 December (Christmas Eve) with some additional afternoon services and last trains departing London by around 21.00.
- No service will operate on Tuesday 25 December (Christmas Day) or Wednesday 26 December (Boxing Day). A revised Saturday service will operate on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 December with trains operating to/from London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
- Engineering work will be taking place on the Hertford route on Sunday 30 and Monday 31 December (New Year’s Eve) with no trains between Gordon Hill and London on Monday 31.
- Additional post-midnight services will operate in the early hours of New Year’s Day to destinations on the Cambridge, Peterborough and Welwyn routes.
- Major engineering work is planned for Tuesday 1 January 2013 (New Year’s Day) with a reduced service operating on the Cambridge and Peterborough routes and buses replacing trains all day on the Hertford route.
Summary Thameslink changes
- On Monday 24 December (Christmas Eve) a normal service will operate for most of the day. Some Brighton route trains will have additional carriages. Last trains will depart central London around 22.00.
- No service will operate on Tuesday 25 December (Christmas Day) or Wednesday 26 December (Boxing Day). First Capital Connect tickets will be accepted on Greenline coach services between Luton Airport and London on 26 December.
- A revised Saturday service will operate on Thursday 27, Friday 28 and Monday 31 December.
- There will be additional post-midnight services operating in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Find things to do
Select from the choices below to view a listing of upcoming events and year-round attractions.