Buy tickets incident
To give our customers better value for money and encourage rail travel, First Capital Connect has a Super Off Peak ticket. It is available for weekend and bank holiday travel to London and is approximately 20% cheaper than the ordinary Off Peak ticket.
On Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th June on the Jubilee bank holiday, a system error meant one of two types of ticket machine didn’t offer customers the super off-peak ticket to and from London.
The machines’ suppliers have confirmed the problem affected Flitwick, Leagrave, Luton, Luton Airport Parkway, Harpenden, St Albans and Radlett station. Super off-peak tickets were still available at ticket offices and on line.
We are very keen to ensure that anyone who may have been sold an Off Peak ticket to London when they should have been offered a Super Off Peak ticket is refunded the price difference. Those customers who may have been affected are:
- Anyone who bought a Travelcard or Off Peak return to London from any of the above stations
If you think you’ve been affected:
- We are automatically refunding the difference in price for anyone who bought their ticket using a credit/debit card. Please check your next statement.
If you paid by cash and still have your tickets
- From July 2nd you can take them to any of the stations that were affected where you will be given a cash refund. We will need your name and contact details.
- You can send them to the address below. Please enclose a brief covering letter with your details.
1 Cranwood Street
If you don’t have your tickets:
- Write to us at the above address or email email@example.com with as many details as possible - when you travelled (day and approximate time), the station, the type of ticket bought and the value. We will be able to check our systems and process your refund
Customers who bought tickets in columns A and C instead of B and D on Bank Holiday Monday and Tuesday of the Diamond Jubilee weekend (June 4 and 5) are entitled to a refund.
|Station||Off-Peak Travelcard||Super Off-Peak Travelcard||Off-Peak Day Return||Super Off-Peak Day Return|
|Leagrave, Luton and Luton Airport Parkway||£20.00||£15.00||£13.70||£9.00|
Thank you for your understanding and please be assured that we will work with our suppliers to ensure that this problem does not reoccur in the future